[Sca-cooks] fried mush/polenta

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 05:24:13 PST 2010

Generally, we had the dish when she had made more grits than we could eat
for breakfast.  I guess the difference may have been that my folks were both
raised in the south...and grits were/are a usual breakfast food for us!  Not
as cereal, you understand, but with either butter and cheese, country ham
and red eye gravy or sausage and cream gravy.  It was the leftovers that
would be chilled, sliced and fried the next morning.

Kiri