[Sca-cooks] Wanted: Italian cookbook that hasn't been translated

emilio szabo emilio_szabo at yahoo.it
Sun Jan 10 16:12:06 PST 2010

<<
At least a number of the books bearing the name Epulario are almost

direct copies of Martino's recipes.

(...)

There is this one that contains more confectionary recipes.

Epulario e segreti vari :
trattati di cucina toscana nella Firenze seicentesca /
Author(s): Del Turco, Giovanni. ; Evangelista, Anna.
Publication: Sala Bolognese, BO : A. Forni,
Year: 1992
Language: Italian
Standard No: LCCN: 93-174761
This is based on a book written in the first 20 years of the 17th
century, a fair number of recipes including many for preserves and
candied fruit and how to work with sugar.  No translation of this work.
Available from A. Forni

Just to make sure that  I did not misunderstand: If I remember correctly, this book has nothing to do with the Martino tradition.

It is interesting in its own respect, however.

E.