[Sca-cooks] Wanted: Italian cookbook that hasn't been translated

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 12 05:27:19 PST 2010

David Friedman wrote:
>In addition to the untranslated works that Johnnae pointed out you
>may also want to try the recipe section from Pisanelli, Baldasare
>"Della natura de cibi"
>available here online
>http://alfama.sim.ucm.es/dioscorides/consulta_libro.asp?ref=X533107074&idioma=0

We glanced through it and couldn't find a recipe section. Where is it?
>  Ooops sorry, my bad, I gave you the wrong reference, the book I was thinking of was: Chapter 5 of
Romoli, Domenico. La Singolare dottrina di M. Domenico Romoli. In Venetia : presso Gio. Battista Bonfadino, 1593.
Available online at the link that Brighid pointed out:
http://www.bib.ub.edu/fileadmin/imatges/llibres/grewe1.htm

>Plus there is the Manuscritto Lucano (an 16th century cookbook from
>Southern Italy).
Any suggestions as to where one would obtain a copy?

I ILLd mine and copied it.  Even though it is a German book the useful parts of the book (the transcription of the recipes and the glossary) are in Italian.  So it still comes in handy.