[Sca-cooks] New issue of TI number 173

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Jan 19 17:26:08 PST 2010

I just thought it was interesting and illuminating that the "People
Chow" recipe
(described below) was in a column one on page 25
and Duke C's appropriate and researched Musammana recipe was in column
two
on that same page.

the more things change or can be researched, the more they stay the
same.....

Glad you liked the Viking article. My part was much longer but it was
cut.
Especially the helpful advice that Googling "viking" in Google Books
is not very helpful
because it pulls up all the hundreds and hundreds of Viking Press books.

I tend to not eat much at Wars during the day. I just try and drink
constantly and since
we have stayed offsite for the more recent trips, we ate supper offsite.

When we were much younger and camped and the War was maybe 4 days, we
liked
steaks, grilled every evening.

Johnnae