[Sca-cooks] New issue of TI number 173

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 20 00:46:03 PST 2010

Stephanie Yokom <sayokom at gmail.com>
>My impression of modern food is hamburgers, hot dogs, soda pop, tacos, etc.
>Stuff that we get mainly from fast food places.

Ah! I don't think of " fast food" as food. I consider it something to
avoid. It's something i eat only in cases of utter and absolute
emergency, for example, when i'm on a long road trip, i'm on a long
stretch of desolate highway, i'm getting really hungry, and there are
no other options.

I confess that maybe 2 or 3 times a year i eat at In-and-Out Burger
(where they cut the potatoes fresh for their fries and really will
make the burger your way) when coming back on a Sunday afternoon from
a weekend camping event with my consort - he is far more willing to
eat fast so-called food than i am.

I truly cannot understand how or why people actually seek out fast
food. It doesn't smell good or taste good.

It is definitely *not* what i think of as modern food.
--
Someone sometimes called Urtatim