[Sca-cooks] foamed WHAT?

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 20 14:24:47 PST 2010

OK ... I don't watch 'top chef'.

What the heck is foamed cauliflower

and

How does one FOAM a Vegetable?

See, one of the very cool parts of my very cool job involves Wildland Fire Fighting.  to Foam something means to spray it with a mixture of soap and water (the soap is to make the water go farther/spred better).  Helifoaming is doing the same thing only the sprayer is huge and mounted to a helicopter and the foam is dyed so the pilot knows where the spray is going.

NOT the image that one generally associates with food ... I know.

Cheers

Malkin

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door.
Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.

I don't want to set the world on fire, I'm just trying to light a candle.