[Sca-cooks] What constitutes modern food

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 24 18:44:06 PST 2010

Ian wrote:
>Oh, well, I agree, most of the time, but I think private meals in your
>campsite are a special case, don't you?  I mean, I want to give something to
>my crew that doesn't break the "reality" we're trying to create, but it's
>not for public review and appreciation.
>
>So, the crew will appreciate eating foods that would have been available at
>the time, and they'll put any variations under "creative license," or,
>"perhaps this cook just didn't publish."
>
>It's hard enough being period at the campsite....

But pretending that a sandwich is some sort of sops isn't necessary.
If you're in your own camp, eat what you want and there's no need to
invent weird stories to justify it.

If you want SCA period food, eat SCA period food. If you want modern
food (for some definition of modern food), eat that.

I just don't understand why you have to invent a story about it.

--
Urtatim [that's err-tah-TEEM]
the persona formerly known as Anahita