[Sca-cooks] What constitutes modern food

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Mon Jan 25 02:33:13 PST 2010

Antonia di Benedetto Calvo wrote:
> Ian Kusz wrote:
>>  I could do a meat pie, and all, but that requires a good
>> deal of prep, making the pie crust.  And it's not really one-handed,
>> at any
>> rate.
>
> *goggle*
>
> Millions of Australians and New Zealanders would be baffled by the
> idea that a meat pie isn't one-handed.

Er, inter-kingdom anthropology here- in general, when an American says
'pie', they mean the 9-inch kind that you cut into wedges, usually
fruit-filled. 'Pot pies' are smaller, but not quite one-handed, and the
fillings are pretty runny- you really can't eat them out of hand. A
one-handed sort of thing would be like 'Hot Pockets', only full of meat
and vegetables instead of pizza sauce and faux-cheese.

'Lainie

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore