[Sca-cooks] xanthum gum in bread

H Westerlund-Davis yaini0625 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 25 12:07:08 PST 2010

If you are going to make gluten free bread you will need to add an extra ingredient called xanthum gum. It subsitutes for the gluten in wheat, barley, rye, spelt and durnam. When I make my bread I add also potato starch or tapioca. Yeast is gluten free.
I have some real good gluten free bread recipes that do not taste like cardboard.

Duct Tape is like the Force: It has a light side & a dark side
and it holds the universe together.