[Sca-cooks] Questions on coffee

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Sat Jan 30 18:09:33 PST 2010

Was written:

The first known appearance of the tale of Kaldi is in De Saluberrima potione
Cahue nuncupata Discurscus (1671) and, to my knowledge, does not have an
Islamic source.  This suggests that the tale is a fabrication, a fantasy, of
the author, Antoine Faustus Nairon.  The story is definitely considered
apochryphal.

Odd question does anyone know if coffee mentioned in "The 1001 Nights"?  I
understand that they date from period.  I've a couple of the translations,
Burton's is the most extensive, but have not waded through them.

Daniel