[Sca-cooks] Coddle

Antonia Calvo dama.antonia at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 14:46:46 PST 2010

Georgia Foster wrote:
> actually I had thought at first that coddled eggs were beaten and baked.  This thread has caused research that yielded that baked eggs are shirred.  Now for some experiementation on if my hold would prefer shirred or poached eggs ... raw egg being a NONhappening among the members of my hold.

Shirred eggs aren't beaten, either-- just cracked into a ramekin with a
little butter and baked (yum!) or sometimes with a little cream (double
yum!). There are many possible additions -- minced ham or bacon,
spinach, mushrooms, shallots, crab or lobster, cheese, etc., etc.

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?