[Sca-cooks] Christmas Stuff

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 5 05:34:48 PST 2010

On Jan 5, 2010, at 8:27 AM, Ian Kusz wrote:

re aebelskiver pans --

> well, yeah, but someone else here was talking about owning one, and I
> wondered what were the standard uses for it (in, what, Scand cooking, or
> whatever they're specializing in).

Well, if they're talking about an aebelskiver pan or a takoyaki pan, its use is implicit in the name. Aebelskivers are apple fritters (a bit like popovers with apple inside). I imagine they can be made with octopus, too. "Tako" is octopus, as I recall, and stuff ending in "yaki" is generally fried. I think...

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter