[Sca-cooks] OOP: What are they teaching are kids?

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Tue Jan 5 11:56:21 PST 2010

-----Original Message-----
> Soooo....normally, poached eggs aren't rubbery?  I presume you eat them
like
> a boiled egg (salt and pepper, only)?  Or are they usually with a sauce?

Well, any eggs overcooked or overheated can get rubbery, so I guess it
depends on the skills of the cook! I prefer my eggs this way because you
taste the egg, not the butter used to fry them. You eat them like you'd
normally eat fried eggs with the yolk uncooked. IMO a sauce would be a
waste, because the yolk itself becomes the sauce... Unless you like your
yolk cooked, in which case, we might have found out why you think they're
rubbery! (the whites would end up way overcooked if you waited long enough
for the yolk to totally solidify)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm confused, you say you prefer your eggs "this way" which sounds like you
are speaking of poached and then describe a fried egg.
De