[Sca-cooks] sorghum

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Tue Jan 5 12:50:50 PST 2010

Note: she already knows about the gluten-free sights.
" I can search on any number of terms related to sorghum, but all I get is a rasher of gluten-free websites."
I believe she is looking for old fashion recipes.

My grandmother had used it in pie (syrup) and cookie (syrup and flour) baking. I think the baking time was less. She didn't always find the flour and over time stuck to wheat flour cause of conveniance. You might what to look at recipes from the south. I vaguely remmeber a few Kentucky dessert recipes using sorghum though most I think are the syrup.

tips on sorghim flour
http://www.recipetips.com/glossary-term/t--37985/sorghum-flour.asp

De