[Sca-cooks] Christmas Stuff

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jan 5 17:58:13 PST 2010

<<< Well, if they're talking about an aebelskiver pan or a takoyaki
pan, its use is implicit in the name. Aebelskivers are apple fritters
(a bit like popovers with apple inside). I imagine they can be made
with octopus, too. "Tako" is octopus, as I recall, and stuff ending in
"yaki" is generally fried. I think...

Adamantius >>>

I'm wondering if "taboyaki" really has anything to do with eating
octopus, but rather in this case is referring simply to the fact that
the pan has a bunch of little pockets in it, like an octopus has
multiple arms.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com