[Sca-cooks] Wanted: Italian cookbook that hasn't been translated

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sun Jan 10 15:39:58 PST 2010

At least a number of the books bearing the name Epulario are almost
direct copies of Martino's recipes.

Thanks to Helewyse's lists--

There is this one that contains more confectionary recipes.

Epulario e segreti vari :
trattati di cucina toscana nella Firenze seicentesca /
Author(s): Del Turco, Giovanni. ; Evangelista, Anna.
Publication: Sala Bolognese, BO : A. Forni,
Year: 1992
Language: Italian
Standard No: LCCN: 93-174761
This is based on a book written in the first 20 years of the 17th
century, a fair number of recipes including many for preserves and
candied fruit and how to work with sugar.  No translation of this work.
Available from A. Forni

You might loan in and try

Title: Il libro della cucina del sec. XIV,
testo di lingua non mai fin qui stampato.
Author(s): Zambrini, Francesco,; 1810-1887, ; ed.
Publication: Bologna, G. Romagnoli,
Year: 1863

Due libri di cucina /
Author(s): Boström, Ingemar.
Publication: Stockholm, Sweden : Almqvist & Wiksell International,
Year: 1985
Language: Italian
Series: Acta Universitatis Stockholmiensis.; Romanica
Stockholmiensia ;; 11;
Contents: Libro A -- Libro B -- Commento alla lingue -- Commento al
contenuto -- Glossario volgare -- Glossario latino.
Standard No: ISBN: 9122007393; LCCN: 85-151143
Two early 15th century recipe collections in a southern Italian
dialect, held by the University of Stockholm.  Neither of these
manuscripts have been translated.

Title: La cucina di papa Martino V /
Author(s): Bockenheym, Johannes, fl. 1417-1435. ; Bonardi, Giovanna.
Corp Author(s): Bibliothèque nationale (France). ; Manuscript.; Latin
7054, fol. 66-74.
Publication: Milano : A. Mondadori,
Year: 1995
Language: Italian; Introd. in Italian; text in Italian and Latin on
facing pages.
Series: Passepartout ;; 32; Variation: Passepartout (Milan, Italy) ;;
32.
Standard No: ISBN: 8804404310

An Italian translation of a Latin cooking manuscript written by the
personal chef of Pope Martino V.  No translation into English.

Those might work for you.

Johnnae