[Sca-cooks] Book about Spices

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Jan 11 11:48:57 PST 2010

I have it. It shares the same problem as all the books in this series
as they are way too
short. They are very brief introductory books. Good but not exhaustive.
Certainly not everything wants to know about the spice trade.
(The historic worldwide spice trade in particular is such a huge
subject; it cannot be
done justice in just 176 pages in a reduced volume size. These are
pocket volumes.)
Others are better. I like the volume on the Hamburger and then there's
Andy Smith's volume
on  the Hot Dog. I think the series is going to be 15 volumes.
They are, however very cheap as they are heavily discounted through
Amazon.
Good for presents and gifts.

Johnnae