[Sca-cooks] Middle Eastern Food

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Fri Jan 15 14:51:28 PST 2010

It depends on whether you are thinking of Middle East geographically or
culturally.  Geographically, it usually refers to those countries under the
control of the Ottoman Empire in the 19th Century snf Iran, basically
Turkey, Libya, Egypt, the Arabian Peninsula and everything east to the
Afghanistan border.  When it is used culturally, Libya usually gets dumped
into North Africa and Afghanistan and Pakistan get added.

I tend to favor feasts that are limited to one region and one time.  If I
decided to do Middle Eastern, I'd probably work from the Baghdad cook book.

Bear