[Sca-cooks] New issue of TI number 173

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Jan 19 17:04:31 PST 2010

On Jan 19, 2010, at 7:49 PM, Carol Smith wrote:

> Mine arrived today.  You mean the contrast between the article on Viking cookery, which knows what it's talking about (Thank you, Giano, Johnnae, Thorhalla, and T fa for it), and the article on War cookery, suggesting at least one dish containing both canned tomatoes and canned corn?  (My mother's variant on it also had green peppers, BTW, but I grew up on it well before I met the SCA and never considered it a fit dish for a Medieval event, not even a war.)

Brunswick Stew? Would that be a period-because-it's-game (except when it's chicken, and even then, by extension) dish?

Which reminds me, Brekke, I haven't had Beef Wellington in a long time ;-) That's period, too! Named after a Duke and everything!

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter