[Sca-cooks] New issue of TI number 173

Stephanie Yokom sayokom at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 17:35:50 PST 2010

> Just for fun, what do people eat day to day at War?  I understand that
> there's a pretty good food court at the market, with many of the choices
> available at more modern malls...
>
> Depends which war I am attending.  Estrella has "interesting" weather to
say the least and many of our baronial fighters get a food plan from my
household when we are able to attend.  We do a blending of new foods and old
foods because they (the fighters have requested certain things). Mainly they
request high protein soups and stews, with carbs on the sides.  Then
non-fighting days we will cook a steady portion of meats, veggies, while
keeping the dairy and other carbs down.   I also bring lots of tea, coffee,
and hot chocolate because those desert nights get freezing.

When we attended Lillies, completely different scenario.  Keep the foods as
cool as possible.  Lots of fruit, veggies, salads, cooked and chilled meats,
bread, cheeses, etc.  There lots of water and for the kiddos (and some
fighters) Kool-aid.  Simple foods in the summer events, but I do keep the
"emergency cooler" in the tent.

Just my 2 farthings-

Carres