[Sca-cooks] New issue of TI number 173

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 19 19:24:40 PST 2010

Brekke wrote:
>Pennsic is now a two-week event, to all intents and purposes; that's
>a long time do do without modern foods, although I know many people
>do it for the entire time they're there.

I infer that you are implying this is a hardship, but I fail to grasp
how that can be.

I spent a month in Japan in 1972 where i ate modern food, but it was
all Japanese. I lived in Indonesia for several years in the late
1970s where i ate modern food, but it was all Indonesian. I spent a
month in Morocco (Dec 2000 -  Jan 2001) where i ate modern food, but
it was all Moroccan.

I eat modern food most of the year at home, too: mostly Indian, Thai,
Indonesian, Vietnamese, Chinese, and Japanese. So, what do you mean
by "modern food"?

--
Someone sometimes called Urtatim