[Sca-cooks] What constitutes modern food

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Tue Jan 26 14:43:23 PST 2010

Linda Peterson wrote:
> I must be in the SCA too long, I'm American and knew what a meat pie
> was. Interestingly, turnovers in our family were the same half-moon
> shape as meat pies, but were pan-fried instead of baked. Here in New
> Mexico the local element in most any savory meat pie would be green
> chile. It is a modern food element that gets snuck into other wise SCA
> period camp chow for those that jones for it like chocolate.
>
>     Mirhaxa  ;)
Heh. I have an acquaintance in Albuquerque who says that nearly
everything you order at a restaurant there, will immediately be followed
with "Red or green?" I told her that here in Portland, it's usually "And
what sort of beer would you like with that?" :-)

'Lainie
McMenamin's Ruby, thankyouverymuch

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore