[Sca-cooks] freezing flat bread

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 28 10:26:48 PST 2010

On Jan 28, 2010, at 1:08 PM, Kerri Martinsen wrote:

> Due to things out of my control, I can't make them the night before
> the feast (120 of them).
>
> Has anyone had experience in freezing flatbread?
> I'm planning on making them on Thursday for feast on Saturday.

You should be able to freeze them with no problem; roti and paratha and chapatis can be purchased frozen. It'll just  a question of raw, lightly cooked and then cooked again, or fully cooked, and how they are packed. I'm a big proponent of parchment paper in between the layers.

Adamantius

"Most men worry about their own bellies, and other people's souls, when we all ought to worry about our own souls, and other people's bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter