[Sca-cooks] taro root

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 10:29:05 PST 2010

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 9:02 PM, Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius <
adamantius1 at verizon.net> wrote:

> It appears in Chinese dishes braised or steamed with pork belly or goose,
> shredded and wrapped around a dumpling filling and fried, and shredded and
> formed into various bird's-nest-shaped shells and fried (to serve things
> like stir-fried seafood in), and steamed, mashed, seasoned and steamed in a
> cake, to be fried again, like fried cornmeal mush or polenta.
>
> Adamantius

I love the taro dumplings!!  In fact, I've been known to sit in dim sum
restaurants and wait specifically for those to show up...along with the
baked pork bao!  Yum....I'm thinking a dim sum run is in order sooner rather
than later...

Kiri