[Sca-cooks] egg coddlers

Arianwen ferch Arthur caer_mab at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 8 01:05:08 PST 2010

I got single egg coddlers in UK (started collecting them 1 each in the different patterns -- sigh only making 2 egg coddler size now)

they are porcelain, with a metal screw on cap and a ring in the tip (for lifting out)

suggested uses include putting some chopped ham and grated cheese in coddler, crack in the egg put the lid on and place in water to cook

(and I remember being taught to wash the eggs before using (but not sooner because you would also wash off the (bloom?) that protects the contents of the egg from things entering theegg through the shell)

Arianwen ferch Arthur

"Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. And inside of a dog it's too dark to read." G. Marx