[Sca-cooks] Author's Name (was: Banana Recipe)

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Jul 21 05:59:09 PDT 2010

Going back to His Grace's original post ("A recipe for Judhaba of
bananas by Ibn al Mahdi
Al-Warraq p. 375")
it's obvious the recipe came from the book titled:

Annals of the Caliphs' Kitchens: Ibn Sayyar al-Warraq's Tenth-century
Baghdadi Cookbook (Islamic History and Civilization) [Hardcover] Nawal
Nasrallah Translator and Editor.

http://www.brill.nl/default.aspx?partid=210&pid=24049

http://www.brill.nl/default.aspx?partid=210&pid=42606

The description is on the website.

You can actually go to Google books, enter the title Annals of the
Caliphs' Kitchens and search under banana. The original recipe appears
on page 375.

Johnnae