[Sca-cooks] Masterchef

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Jul 26 06:33:24 PDT 2010

Here's another summer diversion or guilty pleasure.
Premiering Tuesday July 26th

Masterchef with Gordon Ramsay, Joe Bastianich,  and Graham Elliot. The
winner of America's first-ever MASTERCHEF will get the title of
Masterchef and also walk away with a quarter of a million dollars and
will publish his or her own cookbook.
   Elliot, who's relatively unknown to TV audiences, says he's already
been compared to former "American Idol" judge Paula Abdul for his
easygoing nature -- the direct opposite of Ramsay's fiery persona....
Bastianich embraces his role as the show's bad guy.

"The reason they brought me [on the show] was to bring my skill set,
evaluating talent and dishes and culinary pride," he says.

"It's what I do every day, so I kind of looked at it as my job. And I
approached it no differently than I would approach the running of 15
restaurants in New York."

Ramsay says viewers used to his profanity-laced tirades won't see much
of that on "MasterChef."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/home_cookin_hP4lue9ujr0Pcd5htD5Z7M#ixzz0unM44f5J

http://www.fox.com/masterchef/

Johnnae