[Sca-cooks] snow cones and bbq

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Jul 30 16:27:14 PDT 2010

That new Food Network program Kid in a Candy Store
has done a couple of boozy ice cream places. The episode Brain Freeze
explored "a gelato shop in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, with a full
bar that shakes and stirs gelato martinis. In Nashville, Tennessee,
two sisters make Mexican ice pops in flavors you won't find in the
frozen food aisle." There was also a shop in New Orleans that did beet
ice cream. One owner was creating vodka ice cream too but I can't
remember which shop that was. He was boiling down the
vodka so it was just the concentrated taste. (Alcohol doesn't freeze
well.)

Johnnae