[Sca-cooks] Kochbuch der Maria Stenglerin (Augsburg 1554)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Jul 2 18:24:52 PDT 2010

<<< A recipe for rose honey looks intriguing.  And I like the apothocary
section at the end from pages 33 - 40 with various flavored waters and
sugars.

Katherine >>>

Rose honey? Is this honey from rose flowers/nectar? Or is this honey with additional material added to it?

I'd love to see the original (and translated) recipes/commentary on this.

I've also just created this file for the Florilegium and any additional flowered waters would be of interest and I also have this one on flavored sugars.
flower-waters-msg (12K) 6/26/10 Period flower waters. Making them. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/flower-waters-msg.html

flavord-sugars-msg (8K) 3/27/05 Period flavored, infused sugars.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/flavord-sugars-msg.html

Stefan

<<< I've had a note from Thomas Gloning that he has a new
German cookbook available as a .pdf on his website.

It's a 19th century reprint of a cookbook (or cookery mss.) dated 1554.

Das Kochbuch der Maria Stenglerin (Augsburg 1554) (PDF).
http://www.uni-giessen.de/gloning/tx/stenglerin-kochbuch-1554.pdf

Johnnae >>>

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com