[Sca-cooks] Fwd: Please Post to Web and cross-post everywhere-From Pennsic Mayor

yaini0625 at yahoo.com yaini0625 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 12 19:21:48 PDT 2010

U.S. Home Brewing Act United States Code Title 27, Part 25, Subpart L, Section 25.205 and Section 25.206 Beer for Personal or Family Use:
"(a) Any adult may produce beer, without payment of tax, for personal or family use and not for sale. An adult is any individual who is 18 years of age or older....."
http://www.homebrewesassociation.org/pages/government-affairs/statues/united-states

Most states:
Legal age of sale and consumption for most of the U.S. Is 21. Therefore this is the minimum legal age to produce beer, wine and mead. Since "our" classes tend to be practical ( ie tasting, mixing and producing) minors can not legally be participants in these classes.

Most bars and restaurants who serve alcohol will not allow a minor to serve either.
Aelina

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T