[Sca-cooks] Graters?

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 08:38:24 PDT 2010

Well, he used to make period-looking wooden holders to order for Palm
Pilots...making them look like wax tablets, so I suspect he might find this
an interesting challenge!

Kiri

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Terri Morgan <online2much at cox.net> wrote:

> > I have a small grater that I've had for 100
> > years that goes with my nutmeg and dried ginger.
> > Couldn't you just use a microplane?
> > Not period but affective.
> > Shoshana
>
> Oh, sure, and probably she'll have one in her kitchen. I was hoping to find
> some pointers towards something that she could use in person, as she's
> competing in a persona pentathlon in October and will be preparing
> foodstuffs (possibly) in front of judges. I thought it'd be a nice gift,
> you
> know, something to encourage her in her studies. Besides, we have a
> tradition of bringing home small presents from Pennsic for those of our
> friends who couldn't attend that year. One of the long time lurkers on this
> list (Hi Felicia!) introduced me to that when I first joined the SCA. It
> makes walking the merchant area even more fun.
>
> While looking online, I found a couple of round micro-graters set in
> plastic
> holders - I'll print off a copy of the advertisement page and bring it to
> Miguel to see if he thinks he would want to take on creating a wooden case
> to set one in instead. We have so many cooks in Atlantia who'd enjoy owning
> such a thing that I think it'd be a worthy item - and brewers, too, for
> those who 'strew spices and herbs before serving'. Heck, it'd be kinda
> neat for any hot beverage-server.
>
> Hrothny

"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince