[Sca-cooks] Bananas

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 08:56:48 PDT 2010

Well, yes, but bananas are one of the exceptions. They do keep ripening
after they're picked.

"Apricots, bananas, cantaloupe, kiwi, nectarines, peaches, pears, plantains
and plums continue to ripen after they're picked. Fruits you should pick or
buy ripe and ready-to-eat include: apples, cherries, grapefruit, grapes,
oranges, pineapple, strawberries, tangerines and watermelon." (
http://lancaster.unl.edu/food/ciqaa.shtml). Note that I don't know how
reliable this site is; but it's in line with what I've read elsewhere.