[Sca-cooks] Classes at Pennsic

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Tue Jul 6 12:19:58 PDT 2010

As best I can tell, the person responsible is not
the Chancellor of the University but the Society
Youth Officer--Ardenia:

eventresources at pennsicwar.org

It's been an active subject of discussion, since
yesterday, on multiple kingdom lists, the Grand
Council list, the Pennsic teachers list, ...  . A
lot of people are very unhappy about it, but it
isn't clear that anything will change.

>And just so you'll all know, this has been the main topic of discussion,
>including at least one letter to the Chancellor of the University on the SCA
>Laurels' List.
>
>Kiri
>
>On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 7:25 AM, Johnna Holloway <johnnae at mac.com> wrote:
>
>>  Parents of tweens and teens may like to know in advance
>>  that there is a New Pennsic University policy this year that may change how
>>  one organizes their activities
>>  and time.
>>
>>  http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn39/AANDS/PENNU/index.html#policies
>>  Students
>>
>>  New this Pennsic: no youth under the age of 18 may attend activities in an
>>  A&S venue without a parent or legal guardian.
>>
>>  University Policies
>>  New this Pennsic: no youth under the age of 18 may attend activities in an
>>  A&S venue without a parent or legal guardian.    No child-oriented classes
>>  may be held in private camp
>>

>>  Johnnae
>>

>--
>"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly; what is essential is
>invisible to the eye."
>--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

David Friedman
www.daviddfriedman.com
daviddfriedman.blogspot.com/