[Sca-cooks] A Sallet of all Kinds of Hearbes and Cucumbers

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 30 10:54:46 PDT 2010

Alys wrote:
>For the sake of argument and fussiness (OK, anal-retentive!) I would
>question whether brown sugar was used.  Modern brown sugar has some
>molasses put back into it...

This may have been true once upon a time, and may still be with some
rare sugar products. But the vast majority of brown sugar products in
USAmerican supermarkets does not have added molasses to color the
otherwise white sugar. On most packages it says that the sugar is
colored with caramel or caramel coloring, which can be more white
sugar which has been cooked and caramelized.
--
Urtatim [that's err-tah-TEEM]
the persona formerly known as Anahita