[Sca-cooks] cuskynoles

Michael Gunter dookgunthar at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 31 07:26:18 PDT 2010

> Divide the dough into portions, whether small or big is up to you. Take
> a portion of the dough, roll it out on a (wooden low table) with a
> rolling pin. Let it look like a tongue, wide in the middle and tapered
> towards both ends. Spoon some of the filling and spread it on part of
> the dough, leaving the borders free of the filling. Fold the dough on
> the filling lengthwise]. Press out air so that the dough and the
> filling become like one solid mass. If any air remains inside, the
> cookie will tear and crack while baking in the tannur. Bend the two
> ends of the piece to make it look like a crescent. Arrange the finished
> ones on a tray and cover them with a piece of cloth.

But this statement here destroys the entire cuskynole argument. The illustration
showed a large rectangle with lines and a little dimple on the top and this
is clearly a crescent shaped turnover. I'm sure the same ingredients can be
shaped into the large ravioli sheet (which is my interpretation of the illustration)
but this looks to be a hand-sized stuffed pie.

In fact, even the filling appears to be different than the debated cuskynole since I
made them for a feast.

> David/Cariadoc

Gunthar