[Sca-cooks] raw milk

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jun 6 00:54:58 PDT 2010

On 06/03/2010 10:16:37 PM, Linda Larson wrote:
> I own dairy goats, and have made cheese for the past few years.

To which Aelianora de Wyntringham replied:
<<< For raw milk, my advice is keep everything as clean as possible, but
don't go overboard.  For thousands of years people made cheese with raw
milk and their clean hands.  Sometimes we forget that in this 'food is
poison, oh my god!' anxious world of ours. >>>

Just in case this might be of interest, we have had some discussions on using raw milk before. Many states it is illegal to sell it for human consumption and the way around this is to ask to buy it for "feeding to your pets".

In the FOOD-DAIRY section:
raw-milk-msg (12K) 9/24/06 Finding and using raw milk.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-DAIRY/raw-milk-msg.html

Of course for any of you that may have more experience with raw milk, I always welcome additional comments.

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com