[Sca-cooks] Real Cubebs?

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 10 13:10:17 PDT 2010

I suspect that, like Daniel, i was sold Ashanti pepper. However, it
had hardly any flavor.

The photo of cubebs on the wikipedia page for cubebs is what i was
sold by Lhasa Karnak. I can assure you that they are NOT cubebs. No
doubt the poor sucker who uploaded the photo had been sold them under
the name of cubeb.
(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b1/Cubebberries.JPG/277px-Cubebberries.JPG)

The photo on Gernot Katzers Cubeb page shows REAL cubebs.
http://www.uni-graz.at/~katzer/engl/Pipe_cub.html

Thanks to everyone who has posted so far. I suspect a few have also
been sold Ashanti pepper as cubeb. But there may be some REAL cubeb
still out there.
--
Urtatim [that's err-tah-TEEM]
the persona formerly known as Anahita