[Sca-cooks] 14th century catalan?

Robin Carroll-Mann rcarrollmann at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 13:09:21 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Johnna Holloway <johnnae at mac.com> wrote:
> That's helpful. So maybe more a gastronomy work than cookery???

I get the impression from this and other sources that mention it, that
it is something analagous to the Northumberland Household Book,
dictating what kind of bread and fish and wine -- and how much of each
-- My Lord's Gentlemen of the Chamber received for breakfast in Lent.
An article in a Spanish historical journal cites the Llibre de Coc
concerning lunch for the Canons of Tarragona on meat days: 28 oz. of
white bread; wine; a bowl of soup; a slice of meat (usually mutton)
roasted or stewed, with sauce or a garnishing of vegetables;' seasonal
fruit or a sweet.

Brighid ni Chiarain