[Sca-cooks] Llibre del coc

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 15:16:58 PDT 2010

Emilio wrote:
> Has anybody seen this cookbook?
>

> Llibre del coc de la Canonja de Tarragona
> Cookbook for the liturgical year. 14th c., 1331.

Haven't seen it or heard of it until now.  Spent the afternoon googling
which lead me to Colman Andrews book. I like the way he defines what is
the area of Cataluna. Those of us who write about it kind of assume our
readers know where it is, which certainly is not necessarily the case.
Too I like his explanations about how Catalan cuisine is different. In
Spain we hear all our lives: "Spain is different" but today we are less
and less cognizant as to why or how as food products are available
worldwide as well as cooking pots and pans.
Many thanks Emilio, that is a great find.
Suey