[Sca-cooks] Non-SCA food passions?

K C Francis katiracook at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 17 14:38:10 PDT 2010

\> Non-SCA-wise, I've adopted Michael Pollan's seven word diet- 'Eat food.
> Not too much, mostly plants.' Food, of course being something your
> great-grandmother would recognize as food- unprocessed stuff. In three
> months I've dropped 15 pounds. The produce is kinda expensive (even
> eating seasonally) but I'm not spending money on processed stuff, which
> is per serving more expensive, so it's actually balancing out. And
> plants are tasty, properly cooked!

Congratulations!  Right on, even beets are good ;-)

HA, I keep a copy of Food Rules nearby for inspiration.  I've also integrated some of Alton Brown's do's and don't into my plan.  My new way of thinking about food just keeps getting better and better.

Katira