[Sca-cooks] currants

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jun 17 17:30:11 PDT 2010

Grace asked about elderberries but then asked about currants:
<<<  I also have a huge crop of currents.  So, do I freeze the currants and use them 'fresh' for my tarts or should I be drying them? >>>

currants-msg (22K) 9/ 3/08 Medieval currants. Red or black currants, not "raisins of Corinth".
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/currants-msg.html

Currants show up in a lot of medieval recipes. You might also try going to the top page of the Florilegium an plug "currant" into the search engine there. That should point you to a number of other recipes.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com