[Sca-cooks] Non-dairy white sauce

Honour Horne-Jaruk jarukcomp at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 22 20:34:41 PDT 2010

Respected friends:
--- On Tue, 6/22/10, Jennifer Lynn Johnson <karstyl at gmail.com> wrote:

> A reasonable substitute, but with a
> few different flavors, at least natural
> flavors and not weird stuff, is homemade almond milk that
> is boiled until
> thick. The starches in the almonds thicken it, the fats
> enrich it, the
> proteins whiten it. With all three taken care of you don't
> need to worry
> about replacing the starch or the fat, they are already
> there.
> (snip)
> Store bought almond milk does not always work the same, the
> stabilizers keep
> the starch from converting.
>
> Reyni-Hrefna
     Ooh! I am so going to try this! Thank you.

Yours in service to both the Societies of which I am a member-
(Friend) Honour Horne-Jaruk, R.S.F.
Alizaundre de Brebeuf, C.O.L. S.C.A.- AKA Una the wisewoman, or That Pict

FORTE EST VINUM, FORTIOR EST REX, FORTIORES SUNT MULIERES: SUPER OMNIA VINCIT VERITAS