[Sca-cooks] miniature grapes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jun 27 00:02:42 PDT 2010

Dame Selene said:

<<< My local Persian market is selling unripe grapes in the produce section
this week.  I don't expect them to last long!  They look like little
green peas on bunchy grape stems.  Happily, they also sell bottled
verjus all year round. >>>

Did you taste any of these grapes? Were they sour tasting?

The reason I ask was that a year or two ago, I saw in my local grocery what looked like small bunches of miniature, green table grapes and bought some. I don't remember these as tasting that much different than the green, table grapes. I don't remember them tasting very sour. I just figured they were a miniature variety.

Unfortunately, I've not seen them for sale since then, nor do I remember what time of year they were being sold.

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com