[Sca-cooks] latest coffee mixture

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jun 1 02:02:39 PDT 2010

Way back earlier this year when I was away at Gulf Wars strange coffee came up.

Aelina commented:
<<< Oh yuck! For this die hard coffee drinker that doesn't sound appealing at all.
It was seal meat and very strong hot black coffee we drank with the Tlingit fishermen. >>>

So what DOES seal meat taste like? How was it cooked?

I do have this Florilegium file, but there haven't been enough people here to have held any discussion on seal meat. Even when Nanna (from Iceland) was here.

whale-meat-msg (12K) 2/ 2/10 Use of whale and porpoise meat in period. Recipes. Substitutions.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/whale-meat-msg.html

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com