[Sca-cooks] Recipes and spice mixes for largess

Raphaella DiContini raphaellad at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 7 11:45:35 PDT 2010

Greetings,
    I know there has been discussion before about food and spices as largess and I've done some this past year as kind of a trial run and it seems to have been really well received. I'm now gearing up for Pennsic and working on putting together a set of three period spice mixes, and an accompanying booklet with the recipes for the spice mixes as well as recipes from the same source that uses them- these are all from my favorite historical culinary manuscript  Libro di cucina/ Libro per cuoco. I'm updating them a little as I was asked to change the booklet covers to include the populace badge of each kingdom (if they have one, Lochac, and Glen Abhann don't seem to), and I'm thinking about switching out some of the recipes. Let me know if you have any favorite recipes from this manuscript, or any suggestions on which ones you feel might work best for a largess like this.

I still need to order some saffron this week as well.

Here's the back ground recipes and some images of how the sets have turned out so far: http://allvenicechannel.dreamwidth.org/5426.html

In joyous service,
Raffaella