[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks red, white and green sausages

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 16:44:13 PDT 2010

Audrey Bergeron-Morin wrote:

Ah, yes. Most blue/purple dyes will change with acidity. So, I guess the
vinegar in mustard probably helped turn the juice bluer (while a base would
probably have helped turn it to the red side). At least, that's true for
blueberries, red cabbage and wine stains, so I'm guessing it will work for
grape too!

Interesting how chemistry can explain so many things in the kitchen and why so many chemists like being in the kitchen but kool-aide grosses me out! It grinds against the ear like a medievalist going to MacDonalds  =-O!
Suey