[Sca-cooks] Real Cubebs?

Moramarsh at aol.com Moramarsh at aol.com
Fri Jun 11 12:27:53 PDT 2010

Notes from Dragonmarsh RE: Cubebs and other Peppers

A few years ago there was a canker fungus on the Szechuan  Peppers  that
threatened the citrus industry.

The FDA banned it's import for over a year. Then the spice industry
released it for distribution if it was sterilized. This prevented it from
sprouting and releasing the fungus.  The Szechuan  Peppers  is available but it is
not as spicy as before  sterilization.  The description of the "other"
peppers sounds like  Szechuan Peppers .

Cubeb Berry (Piper cubeba)  are a complete  separate pepper and should not
be confused with Guinea Pepper -Grains of  Paradise  (Amomum melegeuta).
They do have different tastes.

We do sell all of the above and more on a regular basis.  For those
interested in ordering by the pound or more, there is a 20% discount  .
_www.dragonmarsh.com_ (http://www.dragonmarsh.com)

Thank you Renata for the referral.

Mora Blackmarsh
Dragonmarsh

In a message dated 6/9/2010 2:10:04 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,