[Sca-cooks] raw milk

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Fri Jun 11 15:45:32 PDT 2010

On 6/10/2010 1:43 PM, Elaine Koogler wrote:
> I have always wondered what kind of effect all of the anti bacterial soaps,
> etc. are having on us.  We didn't have all of those when I was a child...and
> I have managed to survive!  I didn't have any kind of disease beyond the
> normal childhood ones like measles, mumps, chicken pox and scarlet fever.
> Other than a few bouts with cancer...which were not a result of these types
> of bacteria...I've been fairly healthy.  Next to no allergies, especially
> food ones, etc.  And now we see kids with all kinds of illnesses and
> allergies.  Ya gotta wonder!
>
> Kiri (working on living up to her rep as a curmudgeon!)

Ah Kiri, if you're a curmudgeon, I'm a misanthrope! *Here's* a
curmudgeon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaEiYMY2Yp8&feature=related
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaEiYMY2Yp8&feature=related>

Anyhoo, my kids played in the mud, ate unbaked cookie dough, kissed dogs
on the lips. They survived. :-) Soap-and-water clean seems to work just
fine. My exception is in camp- I use a squirt of the anti-bacterial goo
when cleaning up after handling raw meat, returning from the privy,
etc., just to be safe, since running hot water ain't happening there.
Nobody's had 'tourney tummy' in my camp that I know of, and I like to
keep it that way.

Liutgard

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore