[Sca-cooks] Non-SCA food passions?

Jim and Andi Houston jimandandi at cox.net
Tue Jun 15 18:25:42 PDT 2010

My current SCA food passion is the Nimatnama of the Sultan of Mandu. I'm
doing a high-auth feast from that manuscript in September for Trimarian 25th
year and have been testing recipes for *months*.

Non-SCA is a prolonged Eat Local Challenge. My family already buys 90% of
our produce and about 50% of our meat and eggs local, and dairy when we can
afford it. This year I have been sourcing more local staples and having a
blast doing it. So far I have found sugar, rice, honey, peanuts and pecans,
and some condiments produced by local farms. There's not much flint corn and
little grain grown in Florida but I'm still looking. I'm also obsessed with
Korean food and still trying to produce a palatable kimchi.

Neat question!
Madhavi