[Sca-cooks] Non-SCA food passions?

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed Jun 16 07:37:42 PDT 2010

Currently I'm working on the "pipes" recipe from the "Wel ende edelike
spijse" manuscript*. I bought a new mortar and pestle (one of those huge
Thai granite ones) and now a cheesemaking friend of mine has made me a
Gouda for use once I get the recipe to where I want it. One trial down,
some unknown number to go...

I'm teaching a class at our summer camping event on how to cook from
medieval recipes, and the sheepshearing feast A&S entry will be making
another appearance at that event as well (which means I need to make more
candied orange peel, since my consort ate ALL of what I made this past
January).

*1.21. Dough to make "pipes".
Take cheese from Gouda and eggs. Grind together with white flour. Lay it
on dry flour  and make small biscuits of it.

/